To keep our player fees as low as possible, JYBSA requires every player in our program to participate in one fundraiser each year. The annual fundraiser is a vital part of JYBSA’s annual budget because the player fees we collect each year cover less than half of what it actually costs to operate our programs. JYBSA covers the rest of our operating costs through a combination of 1) our annual fundraiser, 2) our concession stand revenues, 3) our hosted tournaments, and 4) the support of our team and sign sponsors. Although each of these revenue sources helps us to minimize player fees, our annual fundraiser is the single largest factor by far. For example, last year’s car raffle raised $57,204 and covered $83 in operational costs per player. Without the success of the annual fundraiser, JYBSA would either have to raise player fees to cover those costs or cut back on what we offer. With a successful 2013 fundraiser, and with your help in making it a success, our goal is to continue improving and growing our programs in 2014 while simultaneously having zero player fee increases.
Importantly, although we are still raising money to fund additional improvements to our new facility at the Sports Complex (including lights on the baseball fields), none of the funds raised from our annual fundraiser go toward the Sports Complex project. Instead, 100% of the dollars raised from our annual fundraiser go directly to cover our operating costs and are intended to keep our program as affordable as possible for everyone.
For this year, JYBSA’s annual fundraiser will be our 2nd Annual Car Raffle! We know from last year that this year’s fundraiser has the potential to be a huge success! We have some great incentives and rewards for the top-selling individuals and teams in JYBSA. You can find details about the raffle below and on JYBSA’s website. We will put updates on the website as the weeks go on. Good luck with your sales, and thank you for your support of JYBSA!
o 1st Prize is a 2013 Chevrolet Cruze LS OR a cash payout of $15,000.
o 2nd Prize is a 60” class flat screen HDTV
· Drawing Date:
o July 4th, 2013 at 12:00 noon, at the baseball concession stand at the Sports Complex.
· Ticket Price:
o Each ticket costs $20 and comes with a 2013 Win/Win card printed on the back of the raffle ticket.
PLAYER SALES – ESSENTIAL INFORMATION
· ALL PLAYERS MUST SELL AT LEAST 5 RAFFLE TICKETS BY JUNE 24, 2013. ANY PLAYER WHO DOES NOT MEET THIS REQUIREMENT WILL BE REQUIRED TO SIT OUT ALL GAMES AFTER JUNE 24 UNTIL THE FUNDRAISING OBLIGATION IS MET, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE GAMES ARE REGULAR SEASON OR POST-SEASON GAMES.
· Ticket Distribution:
o Each player will receive 5 tickets in a brown manila envelope.
o All tickets may be picked up between 4:00-8:00 pm on Thursday, May 30th, or any date thereafter.
o All softball parents, 7-8 and 9-10 baseball leagues may pick up your envelope at the softball concession stand.
o The 11-12 and Babe Ruth baseball leagues will pick up their tickets at the baseball concession stand.
· Sales Rules:
o Under Wisconsin law, all tickets must be sold face-to-face. Checks are allowed and should be made out to CASH or JYBSA.
o A Win/Win card is printed on the back of every ticket. Remind your buyers to save their stubs and take advantage of the great discounts on the Win/Win card!
o No sale is complete until the selling player obtains a completed ticket stub from the buyer and returns the stub and money to JYBSA.
o DO NOT LOSE YOUR TICKETS, STUBS, OR COLLECTED FUNDS! Ticket numbers have been assigned so that each player’s sales can be tracked. Any player who loses a ticket will be required to sell double the number of lost tickets.
· Ticket Return: ONCE YOU HAVE SOLD 5 TICKETS, PUT THE TICKET STUBS AND CASH IN THE SAME ENVELOPE AND HAVE A PARENT (NOT THE PLAYER) RETURN THE ENVELOPE TO EITHER CONCESSION STAND. IN ORDER TO TRACK RETURNS, A PARENT WILL BE REQUIRED TO SIGN AND DATE A RETURN FORM AT THE MIDDLE CONCESSION STAND.
· Questions? Want More Tickets to Sell: Please contact Angie Burdette at 728-3674
REWARDS FOR TOP SELLERS
· Team Sales Incentives: The top-selling team will win a pizza party at Pizza Hut or Mac’s Pizza Shack!
· Individual Sales Incentives:
o Top Overall Seller: Wins one (1) $250 gift card at the Wilderness Resort in the Wisconsin Dells!
o Top Weekly Seller: Wins one (1) Family Feast at the Italian House! The weekly winner will be determined based on the total number tickets turned in when the Middle Concession Stand closes each Friday. Winner to be announced the following week. Ties to be broken by drawing a name out of a hat.
o All-Seller Drawing: Every seller can earn chances in a drawing to win one (1) $250 gift card at the Wilderness Resort in the Wisconsin Dells. We will have the drawing at the end of the raffle sale. The more tickets you sell, the more chances you’ll have in the drawing! Players earn chances in the drawing as follows:
§ Sell the minimum 5 tickets by June 14th: Earn 1 drawing chance per ticket sold.
§ Sell more than the minimum 5 tickets by June 30th: Earn extra drawing chances depending on the number of tickets sold. This is how you increase your odds of winning the drawing! The number of extra tickets you earn in the drawing will be based on the total number of tickets you sell.
· Tickets 6-10: You earn 2 drawing chances per ticket sold!
· Tickets 11-20: You earn 3 drawing chances per ticket sold!
· Tickets 21 and above: You earn 4 drawing chances per ticket sold!
SALES TIPS AND OPPORTUNITIES
· In the past, our most successful sellers have sold tickets to their relatives, friends, and neighbors.
· Always sell tickets in your uniform so that people know you are a JYBSA player! Always have a positive attitude. Always explain that funds raised from this raffle go directly to keep player fees as low as possible so that everyone who wants to play can play.
· Remember that a Win/Win card is included on the back of every ticket! The Win/Win card has some great deals, and anyone who buys a raffle ticket can make their money back just by using the Win/Win ticket over the next year.
· Consider asking JYBSA’s Win/Win vendors if you can sell your tickets outside their place of business. People who frequent those businesses will have an added incentive to buy a ticket! ALWAYS GET PERMISSION if you sell tickets this way.
· Consider asking any business that has high traffic volume if you can sell tickets outside their place of business. Again, ALWAYS GET PERMISSION if you sell tickets this way.
Local businesses have been providing critical financial support to JYBSA for more than 50 years. This year, we continue that tradition with the businesses listed below who have contributed team sponsorships and on-field advertising. Because of their support, we are able to keep every player's fees as low as possible. Please rembember to thank our sponsors whenever you see them, and to patronize them as much as you can!