TO: ALL JYBSA FAMILIES AND TEAMS REGISTERED FOR OUR 2020 TOURNAMENTS
FROM: DUFFY DILLON ON BEHALF OF THE JYBSA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
RE: COVID 19 UPDATE, JUNE 12, 2020
TO: ALL JYBSA FAMLIES AND REGISTERED TOURNAMENT TEAMS
FROM: DUFFY DILLON on behalf of the JYBSA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
RE: 6/12/20 COVID 19 UPDATE
The JYBSA Board met on Thursday, June 11, to reassess our prospects for moving forward with our operations for 2020. This message will provide you with an update on where things stand.
1. WE CONTINUE TO BE IN A HOLDING PATTERN FOR OUR LEAGUE PROGRAMS. When Rock County originally announced its phased reopening plan, the County indicated it would revisit whether we could advance from Phase 1 to Phase 2 on June 4. Because health officials indicated to JYBSA that they believed we would be able to return to game competition once the County advanced to Phase 2, our board has been working hard to come up with a plan to return to play safely. Unfortunately, although the County announced on June 10 that we were advancing Phase 2, the County also issued new guidance for youth sports in a document entitled “Covid-19 School Sports and Extra Curricular Activity Guidance”. See https://www.co.rock.wi.us/images/web_documents/departments/health/Sports_Guidance_6-10-20.pdf. Under the County’s guidance for baseball and softball, Phase 2 only recommends “individual skill training [with] no sharing of equipment” for baseball and softball activities. Because we are committed to following County guidance on our activities, our board has decided to delay our return to play for the duration of Phase 2. Because Phase 2 will last at least through June 24, we will be delayed until at least that time.
2. OUR BOARD HAS DECIDED TO CANCEL OUR 2020 T-BALL PROGRAM. Although our board will continue our efforts to plan to resume play in our baseball and softball programs, we have regrettably decided to cancel our 2020 T-Ball program out of concern for player safety. Every resource we have consulted says that social distancing will be required throughout our 2020 season, and because we do not expect 5-year olds and 6-year olds to be able to maintain social distancing, the most reasonable thing to do is to cancel the season at this time. If conditions change and we can offer T-Ball later this year, we will consider doing that. Our T-Ball President, Aaron Ausen, will be sending a separate message on this decision to our T-Ball parents.
A. If you are a T-ball parent who would like to support JYBSA financially by allowing us to keep your registration fee, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with instructions to keep the registration fee. Otherwise, because we have canceled our T-Ball season, we have instructed our bookkeeper to process refunds for all T-ball participants as promptly as possible. Please note that because we are unable to process refunds electronically, we will be issuing any refunds by check and sending them to parents by U.S. Mail. If you have changed your address since you registered your player, lease let us know. Because our bookkeeper batch processes our refunds, it could take 1-2 weeks for all T-Ball parents to receive their refunds. We appreciate your patience in this regard. If you are T-Ball parent and do not receive your refund within two weeks of this message, please email email@example.com and we will follow up.
B. Also, as a reminder, our refund policy for all participants is that if we have not rostered teams yet, we issue full refunds. To request a refund, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. PLEASE CONSIDER SEVERAL OPTIONS TO PROVIDE FINANCIAL SUPPORT TO JYBSA. Like all nonprofits, JYBSA relies on the generosity of our community for financial support. If JYBSA is unable to operate as usual this season, we will still have upwards of $100,000 in expenses to maintain our ballpark, maintain our insurance coverages, and cover our minimum operations. If you would like to support JYBSA financially, you can always do it via a direct donation online at https://jybsa.sportngin.com/register/form/736543541. Or, you could purchase a dedication brick at our ballpark. Bricks cost $100 for a small brick or $250 for a large brick – you can make your donation using our online portal and tell us it is for a brick, and we will send you the form to complete. Or, this year, another opportunity would be to tell us to keep any refund of registration fees you have already paid in lieu of receiving a refund.
5. ALL JYBSA HOSTED TOURNAMENTS HAVE BEEN CANCELED THROUGH JUNE 24. This is due to the County guidance; we are waiting to see whether our hosted tournaments can go forward if we move to Phase 3.
6. FURTHER UPDATES. JYBSA will send further updates ASAP once we have been advised of the decisions of the County and the City. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com.
Take care and stay safe, everybody.
Local businesses and individuals have been providing critical financial support to JYBSA for over 60 years! Because every dollar of financial support helps us operate our programs each year, 100% of our sponsors' donations literally help us keep every player's fees as low as possible. Please thank our sponsors whenever you see them, and please patronize them as much as you can!